Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 134

Thread: GOP and Swift boat politics

  1. #81
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    Guess he's never heard of Colin Powell.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  2. #82
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    Its because of those years upon years of oppression of blacks and whites always getting that double standard is why there is a black history month today. I dont see anything wrong with it.

  3. #83
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess he's never heard of Colin Powell. </div></div>

    Has he ever got a nomination or been president? Even Powell wouldngt get the nod.

  4. #84
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    He would have had he ran for the nomination in 2000 and 2004, hands down. He wouldn't because he did not want his name or his family dragged through the mud by the democrats. I would have voted for Powell had he been democrat or republican. He is one of the most fair and level headed men of our time.

  5. #85
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    Yep Reps are all sexist and racist. Oh wait, they are the first appoint a black secretary of state that I can think of. Then black woman of the same position that I can think of as well. If I am wrong I am wrong, but I cannot think of one.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #86
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    Don't try to tell them the truth, or you will be marked for life as an evil, racist, lying Republican![img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  7. #87
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its because of those years upon years of oppression of blacks and whites always getting that double standard is why there is a black history month today. I dont see anything wrong with it. </div></div>

    Most folks around here, me included, descended from Scotch/Irish, the "blacks" of the English isles, so to speak. I doubt if any of our ancestors actually owned a slave, as 90% of slaves were owned by less than 5% of the general population back then.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  8. #88
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    Keep the farmhands around, but don't let them run the plantation. That's how you can explain Colin Powell and Condi Rice's positions in the Republican party.

    And those are two of the whitest black people ever on the history of this planet--and Republicans use that to say "see! we're not racist..." Yeah...I buy that one too...yeesh...
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #89
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those are two of the whitest black people ever on the history of this planet </div></div>

    And that is not a rasist comment?
    How do you think a Black person should act?

  10. #90
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep the farmhands around, but don't let them run the plantation. That's how you can explain Colin Powell and Condi Rice's positions in the Republican party.

    And those are two of the whitest black people ever on the history of this planet--and Republicans use that to say "see! we're not racist..." Yeah...I buy that one too...yeesh... </div></div>

    Hmmm, whitest black people? I think that remark is racist!
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •